Situated just above the centre of Courchevel 1850, this boutique hotel's privileged position amidst pine trees of the Jardin Alpin sector, close to the ski slopes, allows you to take full advantage of the vast Three Valleys ski domain.
The hotel was built by the Pinturault family in 1961 and continues to be run by them today. Their aim is to maintain a luxurious hotel that retains the peace and charm of yesteryear. Consequently, you'll find the interior retains a traditional alpine feel but combines it with modern styling to create a chic mountain retreat.
The hotel has 37 rooms, interconnecting family suites and lounge suites. All of their rooms are comfortably furnished in a contemporary Savoyard style, using warm colours and exposed wood. They include flat-screen TVs (with satellite channels), radio, telephone, free wifi access and a room safe as standard.
After a day on the mountain, guests can look forward to relaxing in the spa with its heated indoor pool, sauna and steam room. You can also indulge in massage therapies and beauty treatments.
To keep the children entertained after they have finished on the slopes, the hotel provides a games room stocked with board games, video consoles and puzzles.
45 verified reviews by
Good to know
Good to know
The large indoor heated pool has panoramic picture windows that look out on the surrounding mountain scenery. Children from the age of 3 are allowed access to the pool provided they are supervised by a parent at all times.
The hotel offers a cosy saloon bar with open log fire and a wide choice of spirits and cocktails - the perfect location for an apres-ski drink on an apreitif.
The panoramic restaurant is open all day, so you have several opportunities to pay a visit, starting with a typical mountain breakfast buffet served every morning.
In the evening, the restaurant is transformed into a gastronomic delight offering modern gourmet cuisine with international delicacies served in an intimate atmosphere. The sun deck gives you the choice of eating outside at lunchtime while you enjoy watching the skiers whizz past.
- "Such a lovely warming place. We were treated like family! Would definitely go again!! The staff and amazing and do everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible! The wellness area was fantasticly equipped with a swimming pool, sauna and steam room. This was perfect to relax after a hard days skiing." - Trip Advisor
- "Wonderfully friendly, great location couldn't ask for a lot more. We took the kids and made the most of the complementary child care (9-5) and they had a wonderful time. Good was very good but wine expensive although you can take your own and pay corkage, in our opinion this is worth it." - Trip Advisor
- "We have stayed in Courchevel several times over the past ten years in hotels ranging from basic three stars to the Aman resort Melezin. Sherpas is an excellent mid range option. The food is outstanding restaurant quality and all the more surprising for a ski hotel. It was varied, very French, with first class ingredients and on the modest size, portion wise, which suited us perfectly. The rooms are adequate, nothing more and certainly not spacious but the beds were very comfortable. There is a small pool which our younger children enjoyed every evening and a sauna and steam room. There is also an in house ski hire shop although we all had difficulty with our boots and skis and some of us ended up going elsewhere after the first day. There is also a useful unsupervised playroom near the bar and restaurant with a small selection of toys and a playstation and DVDs, which was very welcome in the evenings. The only downside for me was that although it is ski in, it really is not ski out and it is also up in the Jardin Alpin area so you are out of the village and not convenient for any of the amenities there. The hotel shuttle bus was fairly available though. There were lovely bar staff who mixed us a great variety of cocktails every evening. Location notwithstanding, I would certainly go back." - Trip Advisor
- "Good family hotel with great food!" - Trip Advisor
- “Great hotel, ski out, good restaurant and service” - Trip Advisor
- "We have stayed at that hotel several time in the past and every time we go it is PERFECT! You can reach the hotel on ski and compared to the other hotels in the station, the price is excellent for what you get. The rooms are comfortable and the swimming pool is so nice after a day on the slopes." - Trip Advisor
Children are welcome at the hotel and those under 5 sharing a room with two adults have free board.
- Rue du Jardin Alpin