Courchevel is a fantastic place to visit for people with disabilities, who can enjoy everything that it has to offer both in the town and mountains.
Adaptive skiing in Courchevel
ESF ski schools in Courchevel, Courchevel Moriond and Courchevel Village are well equipped with sit-skis and qualified instructors to help you learn at the right pace, or to help you improve from your last experience.
Both children and adults are catered for and the instructors are passionate about giving you the ultimate skiing experience, whatever your disability. You are advised to book at least 15 days in advance and then to confirm one week before arrival, to ensure that the most appropriate equipment is available for your lesson.
Disabled tourism in Courchevel
Special facilities for people with disabilities are available on the mountain:
Courchevel - At the top of the Verdons gondola there are toilets and a picnic room available. A wheelchair is also available on request from the operating agents.
Méribel Mottaret - At the front de neige, starting from the Pas du Lac gondola, toilets are specially equipped.
Méribel - The Olympic Centre sports complex has adapted changing rooms and toilets in the swimming pool, access to the spectator's area of the ice rink, bowling alley, tea rooms and kindergarten.
Disabled access in Courchevel
Parking with disabled spaces in the Three Valleys:
- Courchevel: Rue de la Croisette right side (Next to chalet Les Trappeurs), Place du Forum (in front Snow Limit), Route de l’Altiport (in front of residence Balcons de Pralong), Rue des Tovets (next to police station), and Rue Park City.
- Courchevel Moriond: Covered car park Les Cimes Blanches, Main Street (next to the Ski Bus stop, upward direction, outside the building facing the Ceylan and next to Schuss and in front Pharmacy - limited to four hours), and in front of Rond Point des Pistes Hotel.
- Courchevel Le Praz Main Street (parking des Peupliers).
- La Tania: Resort centre car park.
- Méribel Mottaret: Parking Ruitor Bas, Parking Ruitor Haut, Parking du Hameau, and Parking de Tuéda.
Lifts & Attractions in Courchevel
The Three Valleys has around 40 ski lifts accessible to disabled users, giving you access to one of the largest ski areas in the world, no matter what your disability.
Courchevel has over 70% of the ski lifts equipped so you can embark and disembark in complete peace of mind, there is also a 100% disabled ski area. It is located in the 'zen zone' close to Palong quarter and is shared by Courchevel 1850, 1650 and the ESF. It is served by two adapted ski tow lifts and a detachable six-seater chairlift.