Courchevel Village is situated at 1550m and is the lowest of the three Courchevel resorts. It is a popular destination for families being a quiet, peaceful area, away from all the noisy night clubs and bars. It has a mix of traditional chalet-style buildings, large modern hotels and self-catering apartments which are spread out along the village’s main road.
It is generally considered to be the more affordable part of resort, however, in the summer of 2013 it received a facelift and now has a six-pool swimming complex.
There are a number of ski hire shops in the village, all of which sell specialist equipment and clothing. The high street also includes a tobacconist, a gift shop, a post office within the Tourist Office and a cash machine. It is worth noting there is no pharmacy in the village. If you need any medical supplies you will need to travel to either Courchevel Moriond or Courchevel (1850).
More Courchevel Insights...
- Courchevel Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Courchevel opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Courchevel winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Courchevel from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer