La Tania is the most-recently built resort in Les 3 Vallées. Opened in 1990, it lies midway between its much larger neighbours, Méribel and Courchevel. Its traffic-free centre and convenient size make it especially popular with families.
Comprising wooden-clad apartment buildings and traditional-style chalets and surrounded by spruce forests, it is more attractive than most modern ski resorts. It lies on a north-facing flank of the mountain, at the foot of blue and green runs, with a fast gondola lift into Les 3 Vallées ski area.
Services include bars, restaurants, bakery, supermarket, newsagent, sports shops, tourist office, medical centre, plus three ski schools and kindergartens.
More Courchevel Insights...
- Courchevel Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Courchevel opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Courchevel winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Courchevel from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer