White Water Rafting is accessible to all who love the natural environment and who are in search of a bit of adventure. These excursions will leave you with some unforgettable memories.
Venturing down a river on a raft does not require any particular technical skills, nor do you have to be extremely fit. However, you do have to be in good health, know how to swim, and not be afraid of going under water.
Rafting involves, above all, a team spirit - the fearless in front, the more relaxed in the middle and the more technically able at the back. Rafting allows each person to experience an adrenaline rush as they glide down the rapids, while at the same time discovering some amazing scenery.
There are introductory rafting sessions (on a grade three river) and more difficult sessions for those looking for a bit more of a challenge.
Their excursions take place on the Haute Isere river, which is easily accessible from Les Arcs, La Plagne, Tignes and Val d'Isere resorts, and the Doron de Bozel, which can be easily reached from the 3 Valleys resorts.
Half Day Excursions
- Rafting course for children - From Bourg-Saint Maurice to Gothard - 8yrs and above.
- 2 descents on the Doron of Bozel - One of the fastest rivers in the Northern Alps, the course is 6 km long, takes about 1h15 to paddle down with quick sequences, tight bends, small jumps, navigation under tree cover, all leaving you with some unforgettable memories - 12yrs and above. The river is at the base of the 3 Valleys so is ideal for people on holiday in the the areas of Courchevel, Meribel, and Val Thorens.
- Bourg-Saint Maurice to Centron - A demanding expedition down the magnificent Haute Isere river covering 18 km in all for 2h15 non-stop paddling. First of all, you glide down the easier section of the course Bourg-Saint-Maurice/Bellentre, giving you a gentle introduction to the techniques and sensations of rafting. You then move on to a more demanding section of the Isere river with the famous rapids of Aime and then the magnificent canyon of Centron. The minimum age limit for this descent is 12 years old. The river is ideally located for those on holiday in the Haute Tarentaise resorts of La Plagne, Les Arcs, Tignes and Val d'Isere.
Full Day Excursions
- On the full day excursion, you will get to experience both rivers as described above with lunch on the riverbank.
- Families & Kids
- Children welcome
- Guides & Instructors
- Watersports Instructors
- 1090 Route d'Hauteville
More Courchevel Insights...
- Safety measures in Courchevel winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Courchevel from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Courchevel
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020