The 18th annual International Fireworks Festival tours the villages of Courchevel during February and early March. This year's theme is Game of Thrones.
Each year, over 8,000 spectators come and see pyrotechnic artists from around the world compete in one of the most beautiful shows of its kind. Each performance is judged on a variety of factors and the winner is announced at the end of the festival.
The entertainment starts from 16:00 with street performances on the snow front followed by a traditional torchlit descent by the local ESF ski instructors. The main firework show starts afterwards with a different team performing each evening. Indulge in a bit of mulled wine and marvel at some of the most astounding firework displays you will ever see.
The location and timings of each show varies slightly, so be sure to check with any of the Courchevel Resort Tourist Offices for the exact timings for your preferred performances.
More Courchevel Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Courchevel
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Spring skiing in Courchevel
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Courchevel
- The snowiest week of the season in Courchevel
- Courchevel Dump Alert - 6th March 2020