We all know that food tastes better when eaten outdoors. We’ve all discovered to our cost that mountain restaurants can be painfully expensive. Picnicking is therefore a doubly beneficial way of eating on the mountain when the weather is fine, with the bonus of some of the finest views in the world at your feet.
For the perfect picnic, simply stock up on local hams, cheeses and bread from the supermarket or, if you’re short on time, choose ready-made sandwiches from the local boulangerie. It’s best to give the rucksack to the person least likely to fall over and squash your lunch! Experience teaches you to avoid yoghurts – they tend to explode over everything if you fall on them.
You’ll find dozens of suggested picnic areas on the 3 Valleys lift map, marked by a picnic table logo. Here are our pick of the best which combine sunshine, great views and a tranquil atmosphere.
More Courchevel Insights...
- Courchevel Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Courchevel opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Courchevel winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Courchevel from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer