Courchevel skier Alexis Pinturault won the gold medal in the alpine combined category at the Are World Championships in Sweden last Monday, beating Slovenian Stefan Hadalin and Austrian Marco Schwarz in second and third respectively.
Although no stranger to Olympic medals, taking bronze in 2014 and 2018 in giant slalom, this is Pinturault's first world title. At only 27-years-old, Alexis definitely has a long and successful career ahead of him.
More Courchevel Insights...
- What's new in Courchevel winter 2019/20
- Courchevel Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Courchevel
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Courchevel
- Insider's guide to L'Etape du Tour 2019