Courchevel skier Alexis Pinturault won the gold medal in the alpine combined category at the Are World Championships in Sweden last Monday, beating Slovenian Stefan Hadalin and Austrian Marco Schwarz in second and third respectively.
Although no stranger to Olympic medals, taking bronze in 2014 and 2018 in giant slalom, this is Pinturault's first world title. At only 27-years-old, Alexis definitely has a long and successful career ahead of him.
More Courchevel Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Courchevel from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Courchevel
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Spring skiing in Courchevel