Le Blanchot has long been considered one of the finest restaurants in the Méribel valley, with a loyal clientele who return year after year to enjoy superior gastronomy in beautiful surroundings.
One of Meribel's top restaurants for many years, Le Blanchot is now under the new ownership of Matthieu and Delphine from Le CroMagnon, also in Meribel.
The restaurant is located above Méribel, on the road leading to the Altiport. You can ski or drive here for lunch, and on sunny days you can enjoy spectacular views from the dining terrace. At night the setting is a fairy tale, the lights of the chalet romantically twinkling in the forest. For non-skiers, it is conveniently located on the free Meribus route, or parking is provided.
The interior décor is charming: a traditional wooden chalet decorated with great care and impeccable taste, warmed by a roaring open fire. From the moment you arrive, you know you are in for a rather special experience.
Also open during the summer season with the terrace overlooking Méribel’s golf course. Whatever the season you are sure of an excellent meal in delightful surroundings.
The restaurant is open from 9-5pm daily with lunch being served from 12- 4pm. We advise you book in advance!
- "I am a regular at Les Trois Vallees but oddly hadn't discovered La Blanchot (the Meribel Altiport one) until this year... and what a great discovery it was. I ate there twice each of the two weeks I was in the area and it never disappointed. The fourth visit was warm enough to eat on their lovely terrace too. Great food, great service and - in case anyone is wounded in your party: easy to drive to and park. And the shuttle bus stops there too" - Customer Feedback
- "If reputations are built on consistency, then 'Blanchot' richly deserves starred rating. A totally faultless lunch, in the winter sun. Looked after superbly in a relaxed and professional manner by all staff" - Customer Feedback
- "Following another change in ownership, we returned to Le Blanchot this year, it remains the best lunch time 'on piste' destination in the Meribel area. The new chef has surpassed his excellent predecessor with a varied and first class menu.The service is good, especially the exuberant attentiveness of the 'patron'; and the terrace itself is a veritable sun trap!l" - Customer Feedback
- "A fabulous après ski lunch this week. The beef, the special of the day pork, the sea bass. All delightfully pleasing to the pallet. Service was enjoyably attentive and the atmosphere calm and restful without being dull. I had the profiteroles for pudding and they were lovely but when the gang were debating what to rate and vehemently said four we felt we had to work out what would have made it five......so a little bit more chocolate sauce next time please." - Customer Feedback
- "Thursday was white out day for us, so after three hours of pretty miserable skiing in wind and rain, Le Blanchot - inside, by the fire, was a great tonic. Excellent food, good service, a really interested host and enormous portions were all very well received." - Customer Feedback
By road, take direction Altiport from the centre of Méribel.
After the Rond Point des pistse, continue towards the Altiport and cross the forest. The restaurant is located just after the forest, 200 meters after the bridge for skiers. You can also take the free shuttle bus to get to the restaurant.
- Route de l'Altiport