Undercover policeman have raided a luxury chalet in Courchevel 1850 for suspected illegal gambling.
Luxury chalet fully equipped with own casino
A team of police officers on a court order from a judge in Albertville were sent in to inspect the property after suspicions of illegal gambling in the chalet.
Police had already determined that a professional croupier had been hired to hold the table - suggesting that illegal gambling was taking place.
The 2,000 square metre luxury chalet in Courchevel 1850 was fully equipped with it's own casino amongst other luxuries such as a private nightclub, indoor pool, wine cellar, fitness centre and a eight bedrooms.
Following the chalet raid, managers at a local estate agent were placed in custody in connection with the investigation.
More Courchevel Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Courchevel
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Spring skiing in Courchevel
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Courchevel
- The snowiest week of the season in Courchevel
- Courchevel Dump Alert - 6th March 2020