Legendary competition held each year on the slopes above Courchevel 1650. There's only one rule - get the bottom first.
It doesn’t matter whether you telemark, snowboard, ski, monoski or snowscoot, everyone’s welcome. The Roc Merlet is a race against the clock that is open to all snowsports fans.
Previously known as the Derby du Roc Merlet, the rules have changed a little this year with an individual time trial replacing the former group start. However, the aim remains simple: participants meet at the top of Courchevel Moriond (top of Les Pyramides button lift) and the winner is the one who arrives back to the snow front in resort the fastest.
Whilst the challenge is open to all, you need to be invited to take part by a resort ambassador. Participants can recce the course on the Saturday but the main event will take place on the Sunday after the slopes have closed for the day. This friendly, fun event is the perfect opportunity to get together with other snowsports enthusiasts and have a good time.
More Courchevel Insights...
- Safety measures in Courchevel winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Courchevel from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Courchevel
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020