Diots are delicious Savoyard sausages, usually cooked in white wine with onions or grilled. There are lots of varieties of diots, the most common ones being 'nature' and smoked.
The word 'diot' comes from the Savoyard dialect and means sausage. Made with pork meat, they are seasoned with spices. Sometimes other ingredients are added, such as cabbage ('choux'), cheese or mushrooms.
They are usually served with potatoes, crozets or lentils. There are also dried diots that do not need to be cooked.
More Courchevel Insights...
- Courchevel Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- Safety measures in Courchevel winter 2020/21
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Courchevel
- Courchevel Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Ski with Elsa & Anna in Courchevel
- Sunshine for the first week of 2020 in Courchevel