First Tracks Mountain Guides, Courchevel
Get fresh tracks with First Tracks guides. Heli-skiing, off-piste, ski-touring & more
These professional mountain guides offer a wide range of activities where you can discover remote areas of the mountain appropriate to your level of experience.
First Tracks will take you on a thrilling off-piste adventure where you will get to discover remote areas and ski in fresh powder away from all the crowds. Skiers and snowboards wanting to go off-piste should already be confident on both red and black runs.
Their fully qualified guides and off-piste specialists have years of experience which helps minimise risk. To further ensure your safety, they provide small backpacks containing an avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel for each off-piste client. ABS backpacks are also available upon request for a small additional fee.
With First Tracks you don't have to worry about any communication barriers, they have some British guides as well as instructors who speak Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and German. There will also be no waiting around in lift queues, their clients have the fantastic advantage of lift line priority.
What you can do
- Off Piste: Have you already experienced the joys of skiing off-piste? If not, now is your chance! If you’re an intermediate or expert skier or boarder, First Tracks coaches will take you to places they consider appropriate to your level and introduce you to riding the powder in a safe and enjoyable way. A note on safety: The mountain environment is full of surprises and must be approached with caution and respect. Their fully qualified guides and off-piste specialists have years of experience which helps minimise risk. To further ensure your safety First Tracks provide small backpacks containing an avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel for each off-piste client. ABS backpacks are also available upon request for a small additional fee.
- Ski Safari: Discover several ski areas and resorts in the space of one day – or better still, a few days! Go border hopping (or should that be sliding?) with First Tracks coaches or guides and become an international skier, enjoying a change of culture and local cuisine. Their regular Ski Safaris evolve through France, Switzerland, Italy and Austria but if you’re looking for something a bit different, upon request they can create a tailor-made international trip just for you.
- Heli-Skiing: Heli-skiing is undoubtedly one of the most amazing experiences in snowsports for sheer thrills, breathtaking scenery and unforgettable skiing (not to mention the great stories to share afterwards!) First Tracks Heli-Skiing groups consist of 1 – 4 clients, a professional guide or specialised backcountry instructor and, of course, the pilot and helicopter. They take into consideration several factors when organising your day or days’ heli-skiing adventures: current snow conditions, weather forecast and your or your group’s level. The overall cost depends on how many drops are involved, with the individual cost depending on the size of your group. If this kind of adventure sets your heart racing, then why not ask them about it? They can start by providing a quote for your group, then take it from there…
- Ski-Touring: Previously reserved for backcountry experts, today ski mountaineering is popular with all levels of skiers for the freedom and healthy exercise that it provides. For the more experienced, it offers the chance of escaping well off the beaten track and explore the mountains beyond the lifts. But you don’t need to know how to ski off-piste to try… At first, ski touring techniques can even be taught on piste which partly explains its recent popularity. Why not have a go with First Tracks?
- Ski Touring
- Guides & Instructors
- High Mountain Guides
- Ski Guides
- Ski-Touring Guides
- Off Piste/Backcountry Lessons
- Ski Lessons
- Ski Touring Lessons
- Snowboard Lessons
- Steep Skiing Lessons