Prime Snowsports specialise in tailor-made guiding services in Courchevel and Meribel.
Stephen, who runs the company, is an English speaking ski guide who will ensure that you receive the highest level of personal attention and service. Their guiding services are completely tailored to your needs, wants and aspirations.
They work with both children and adults from complete beginners to experts. Whatever your level of ability, they can challenge and push you to improve, or take things as easily and as slowly as you like.
A full day private booking with them enables you to have complete flexibility over the timing and the organisation of the day’s activities. They will meet you wherever you prefer — at your chalet, hotel or a ski lift. And they can start early to catch the first lift and make the most of the groomed runs, quieter pistes or any fresh snow.
You decide how much or how little input you would like from them in the plan for the day. They can take responsibility for all decisions on the day’s schedule, and also organise restaurant reservations if required.
In addition to guiding, these instructors also offer private personalised tuition in both alpine and cross-country skiing.
The company offers a simple pricing structure:
- Full day bookings - £420
- 4-hour morning private lessons - £300
- Afternoon - pricing and details on request
- They can also be booked exclusively by the week by clients who prefer to have the services of their own dedicated instructor or guide for the duration of their holiday
For further details and booking, contact the company directly using the enquiry link on this page or visit the website.
For all dedicated off piste ski lessons and guiding the use of full avalanche safety kit is mandatory. Prime Snowsports can advise on where to hire the equipment if you do not possess your own.
Where to meet
With full day bookings you have complete flexibility over when and where the instructor meets you.
Prime Snowsports are flexible with start times for their morning bookings and can normally meet wherever most convenient for you.
For afternoon bookings they will arrange a mutually convenient place to meet so that they can make the most of the private lesson with you.
Instructors & teachers
Stephen is a positive and motivational ski instructor with a wealth of knowledge and expertise to share with you. He is fully qualified and holds the BASI Level 4 International Ski Teacher Diploma with Eurotest and European Mountain Safety qualifications. He also holds the French Carte Professionnelle. Stephen has over 20 years of ski teaching and skiing experience based in Courchevel and the 3 Valleys ski area. So he knows where to find the good snow and quieter pistes. And will be able to select the best runs, bumps, couloirs and off piste to suit your skiing level and the conditions. He can also recommend the best places to stop and where to enjoy a good lunch. Stephen is experienced in teaching all levels of skier. He is also able to provide training in the use of avalanche and snow safety equipment for those keen to develop their off piste skiing skills and knowledge. Specialist in:
- Ski boot fitting and equipment personalisation
- Skier biomechanics
- "It says it all when the children (15 and 17) said of our Courchevel holiday this season “It’s the best skiing holiday we’ve ever had”. The children and I have been instructed and ski guided by Steve since 2005. It is his knowledge of the mountains, his extraordinary ability to find the best slopes for any ability from highly experienced to nervous in any kind of condition, and his outstanding ability to give confidence and to break through technical issues. Tie this in with superb lunch time stops, and at the end of the day, exactly the right apres ski bar — this is why we always have the ‘best skiing holiday ever’ if Steve is involved." - Customer Feedback
- "We can’t imagine skiing without Steve and Jules. As a family we have skied with them since 2009 and I don’t really know where to begin in terms of describing what a difference it makes to our holiday experience as well as our skiing ability. Steve and Jules find the best snow (always), the quietest pistes and the loveliest restaurants; and this is matched by the low key manner in which they encourage each of us to improve and go beyond what we think is possible. We thought that we were reasonably competent skiers before we met Steve and Jules! Now we feel as if we can ski anywhere – on piste or off piste. We have great fun with them whether we are skiing as a family or, on some occasions, it’s just adults or just children. Everything is bespoke. Nothing is too much trouble. Amazingly our family is happy to ski together and I’m sure that’s down to Steve and Jules! We are delighted that we’ve become good friends. And that’s what skiing with Steve and Jules is like: skiing with your friends who also happen to be incredibly knowledgeable about the area, experts in helping you improve your skiing and great fun to spend time with." - Customer Feedback
- "Jules and Steve are an excellent team and we have had many great weeks skiing with them. What really sets them apart from all the other instructors I have skied with is that they completely understand us and what we want to get out of the week. They know exactly where to take us and how to help us improve, which means we can completely relax and enjoy ourselves. Steve is a great instructor. I have been skiing for many years but he really helped me work on my technique over moguls and off piste. He is brilliant at understanding your level very quickly and knowing how to take you further without over-stretching you. Jules is brilliant at planning our trips and making sure we always get great snow and a real variety of skiing. She has a real knack of finding great conditions, it’s almost as if she has a crystal ball… Jules and Steve are both lovely people and fun to be around. Skiing with them is like skiing with good friends and I always spend a lot of my week laughing." - Customer Feedback
- "Having been skiing with both Steve and Jules for the past few years, I can safely say that they are both absolutely fantastic! Their combined wealth of skiing related information, always delivered in an understandable way, really makes me feel like I know what I need to adapt in my own skiing in order to progress. And their knowledge of the resort means that we always find a great place for lunch or a hot chocolate stop too! They both go above and beyond when it comes to being friendly and helpful both on and off snow, from sorting out wrongly fitted equipment to cracking jokes on the lifts. I always feel safe skiing with Steve and Jules, but have an enormous amount of fun doing it!" - Customer Feedback
Location: La Tania | Courchevel Moriond 1650 | Courchevel Le Praz 1300 | Courchevel 1850 | Meribel - Les Allues | Meribel - Mottaret | Courchevel Village 1550 | Meribel Village | Meribel - 1600 | Meribel - Centre
Level: Beginner | Intermediate | Advanced | Family Friendly
Languages Spoken: English
Activities: Cross-Country Skiing | Skiing
Guides & Instructors: Ski Guides
Lessons: Adult Lessons | Childrens Lessons | Cross-Country Ski Lessons | Off Piste/Backcountry Lessons | Private Lessons | Ski Lessons | Steep Skiing Lessons
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter